Here is what remains to be done with Mr. Creepy Inflated Male Torso before Carrie' birthday party a week from Friday:
* A head should be designed and affixed to it. I was thinking that a simple rectangular box could be fine, since it's supposed to be a robot and all.
* Are there any other adjustments that should be made before the papier mache is put on? I was thinking about making the shoulders boxier for instance. Suggestions are welcomed.
* After that, it will be enveloped in papier mache and allowed to dry. This probably has to happen several times. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
* It should be painted. Black? Silver? Both? Opinions?
* Stuff that would be used to decorate it at the party should be collected. I'm thinking that a hot glue gun is a necessity, as would be washers of various random sizes and sharpies and such. Perhaps spray paint?
All suggestions are welcomed, and if anyone wants to take custody of the torso for a few days and work some magic on it that's for sure pretty awesome, yes.
The pictures follow. They're pretty big.
Here's a front view of the torso.
And here's a rear view.
From the side ...
Here's a front view with a couple of DVDs to provide scale.