As some of you might know, I have a couple of CDs I put together called Imaginary Internet Man and Plastic and Thread. They are basically random collections of whatever original songs I'd recorded when I put the CD together. This gives them (particularly Imaginary Internet Man) an eclecticism that I sort of like, but I've come to realize that they aren't really suitable for use as demos to give to club owners and the like -- there are lots of songs on them that I would be very unlikely to ever play live.
So last weekend I recorded some songs, added a few older songs that I thought were appropriate, and put together a demo.
- listen to Jake's demo -
(Note that clicking on that link will open up a flash player that will immediately start playing the recordings.)
I'm pretty happy with it! Now to start sending it out ...
The songs on the demo are:
1. I Believe To My Soul (composed by Ray Charles)
2. That'll Never Happen No More (composed by Blind Willie McTell)
3. Railroad Bill (composed by Andy Breckman)
4. A Dozen Lovely Roses (composed by Jacob Haller)
5. Barstow (composed by Jay Farrar)
6. You're the Tea in my Teacup (composed by Jacob Haller)
7. Caldonia (composed by Fleecie Moore)
8. Hybrid Car Blues (composed by Jacob Haller)
9. Watching Killer Robots Eat Your Head (composed by Jacob Haller)