Or did we?
Last night I checked my voice mail and found a message from someone at the bar -- not the guy I had spoken to previously. He informed me that both he and the owner (who I had talked to previously) had been booking shows and that the result was that April 10 had been double-booked -- and the other performer (Paul Geremia) had been booked first, so we were out.
He did express some guilt over the matter and said that as soon as they had an opening, probably not until June, he would give us a call. (Chris, the other guy in the band, will be in Alaska for most of June, but we'll see how this goes.)
I talked this over with Chris today and we decided that it might be worth offering to open for Geremia. (Actually, that would be really exciting for us, though Mr. Geremia might not be into it, which would be fine too.) However, when I called the bar up this evening to check into this possibility I was told that they had never had two acts in a night before and that it would be impossible. So, there you have it.
(On the other hand, maybe we'll go see Paul Geremia play that night anyway. That would be fun.)