- Hat for my stepmother: Hey, I sewed the hat together! This wasn't something I had really planned to do this weekend, but it's a nice thing anyway. It is now done:
- Asymmetrical v-neck for Harriet: I worked on this Friday night and had figured I would suspend working on it after I got yarn for another project (see below) on Saturday. But I got a lot done on Friday and I figured another day would probably be just about enough to finish it. Unfortunately while I was finishing the second sleeve I ran out of the yarn ... which I guess means I need to get another 110-yard skein of the stuff, even though I need a lot less of it to actually finish the project. Oh, well, such are the vaguaries of fate, I guess.
Most yarn places around here seem to be closed on Mondays, so on Tuesday (if I remember) I'll call around and see if there's a local source for it; if not, I'll call Woolcott in Cambridge (where I bought the yarn originally) to see if they can mail it to me; and if not, I guess I'll
cry or somethinglook around online to see if I can buy it there.
- Nudibranch: The nudibranch still needs to be sewn together. This will probably be true until after HMas.
- Big secret HMas project: I've been commissioned to do some knitting for a friend, and it is all a secret, so I will speak in an annoyingly vague way about it. This project required me to buy some new yarn, so yesterday knitting_arch and I went down to Warwick to look at stuff at Yarns at Lace Wings. There I bought six skeins of yarn (mostly Cascade 220) and knitting_arch bought some knitting needles and sock yarn. Then, after escaping Wal-Mart's gravitational pull (but not McDonald's) we returned to Providence. I then went to a music store (B Sharp on Broadway), because the project would ideally include some things that one might purchase at a music store, but they didn't have what I was looking for.
- There are also two projects that are basically in suspended animation, a guitar strap (which needs to get a backing sewn on) and some socks (which I am just horribly bored with and which I only work on when no other projects are available).
Thanks to sanspoof for giving me the original inspiration to design this. A Diplocaulus is a primitive amphibian that lived in the…
Revised 27 December 2012 to add line numbers and make other minor adjustments. This pattern is now also online at…
I just posted a quick and simple slipper pattern to snbprov if anyone is interested. The slippers are very comfortable.