The Eight Stages of Throwing Junk Out
- Clean apartment. Throw away lots of stuff. Admire all the bags of garbage you have generated.
- Hey, it's trash day! Decide to hold off on taking trash out until you're finished doing other stuff.
- Wow, it's sort of late. Take all the trash down to the curb.
- Try to think if you've forgotten anything. Decide you haven't. Start preparing for bed.
- Think of a few minor items that you forgot to throw out. Decide they can wait until next trash day.
- Go to bed. Wake up at three in the morning. Recollect a large, bulky item, such as a giant pile of magazines, that you should really throw out right now.
- Get up, throw away magazines.
- Post to Livejournal about it. Hope that there isn't a step nine.