This is pretty exciting! If we are successful then we may continue doing this indefinitely, so if any of you in the greater Newport area could make it out on one of the nights it could potentially mean a lot.
If we are successful then we may continue doing this indefinitely, so if any of you in the greater Newport area could make it out on one of the nights it could potentially mean a lot.
Thom Enright also plays acoustic guitar in the Last Minute Blues Band Wednesday nights at the Trinity Brewhouse in Providence. While there he plays acoustic guitar, at Billy Goode's he fronts an electric blues band -- last week the combo included him on electric guitar, a drummer, and electric bassist, and a keyboard/organ player. They sounded great (but were ear-meltingly loud, so if you want to check them out I do recommend bringing earplugs, which I plan to do tonight).
We'll be playing October 4 (tonight), 11, 18, and 25, and maybe additional Mondays next month. Directions to Billy Goode's from Providence and points north:
* Take Route 95 south to exit 9, which is a left exit, and get on Route 4 South.
* Stay on Route 4 for a while. It eventually takes a sharp turn right and merges seamlessly with Route 1 South.
* Shortly after that, get on Route 138 East towards Jamestown/Newport.
* You'll go over a bridge into Jamestown and then over a toll bridge into Newport. (I forget how much the toll is.)
* Take the first exit (for RI-238 South; it's on the right) after you cross the toll bridge, and at the end of the exit take a right.
* Go straight onto Farewell Street.
* The road will fork. Stay right and you'll be on Thames Street.
* Eventually you'll hit Marlborough Street. Take a left and you'll go past Billy Goode's (on your right at 19 Marlborough Street). Start looking for parking.
Billy Goode's phone number is 401-848-5013.